1. The hierarchy in planning, offers several advantages to the:
2. Using which exercise, firms arrive at the quantity and timing of resources to be committed to ensure continuous flow of goods and services to customers:
A. Organisation planning
B. Energy planning
C. Aggregate operations planning
D. Inventory planning
3. What are needs for aggregate operations planning?
A. Demand fluctuations, Capacity fluctuations, Difficulty level in altering operation rates, Benefits of multi-period planning
B. Market fluctuations, Production fluctuations, Difficulty level in altering selling rates, Benefits of single period planning
C. Weather fluctuations, Sales fluctuations, Difficulty level in altering demand rates, Benefits of two years planning
D. Govt. policy fluctuations, Procurement fluctuations, Difficulty level in altering supply rates, Benefits of three years planning
4. What are alternatives for managing demand?
A. Managing Demand, Reservation of Utility
B. Reservation of Capacity, Influencing Demand
C. Managing Production, Reservation of Supply
D. Managing Sales, influencing Schedule
5. Supply can be modified through which one of the
A. Inventory-based alternatives, capacity adjustment alternatives, capacity augmentation
B. Manpower-based alternatives, organisation based alternatives, inventory augmentation alternatives
C. Manufacturing-based alternatives, Operation adjustment alternatives, costing augmentation alternatives
D. Procurement-based alternatives, Supply adjustment alternatives, Supply augmentation alternatives
6. In which the emphasis is on not disturbing the existing operations at all?
A. Chase strategy
B. Mixed strategy
C. Level strategy
D. Inventory strategy
7. In which of the below methods we use linear programming (LP) and the transportation and dynamic programming (DP) models?
A. The trial-and- error methods
B. Search methods
C. Optimal methods
D. Start methods
8. What model is a special case of linear programmingthat deals with the issue of shipping commodities from multiple sources to multiple destinations?
A. The Linear Programming Model for AOP
B. Aggregate Operations Planning Using the Transportation Model
C. The Linear Decision Rule (LDR)
D. The supply and Demand Rule
9. What represents the critical linkage between planning and execution of operation?
A. Cost/estimation scheduling
B. Product/service scheduling
C. Finance/accounts scheduling
D. Master Operations scheduling
10. An earlier planning exercise invariably results in a certain level of:
A. Re-planning at a later stage
B. Re-planning at a beginning stage
C. Re-planning at a middle stage
D. Re-planning at an End stage
Please click here for the MCQ’s for chapter 3 – Plant Layout